16th Aug Vancouver.

16th Aug Vancouver.
Matt and Nick arrived at YVR at 11:30 and once they were through customs and immigration I had to feed them at Burger King... Not what I was expecting but I refused to take them to McD's (throughout their two weeks here!). We bought some normal price transit tickets at the domestic terminal saving $15 for the trip into town (there is a $5 'Airport departure tax if you buy the tickets at the station!) and made our way to the Cambie Hostel where I had stayed the previous night to offload luggage and shower before I took them to Canada Place for a nice lunch then round the corner to the park where Nick fell asleep on the grass. An early bed at about 21:00.

17th Aug Vancouver.
We did a mega shop at MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) buying a replacement spork for me, freeze dried food, tons of energy bars, a 3 man tent, sleeping mats, some Keen walking shoes for Nick, a couple of dry bags, a buff for Matt and some gas for my stove taking it all back to the hostel before embarking on a walk round Stanley Park to see totems, sup very expensive beer the park restaurant and then moving on downtown to English Beach for supper. Somewhere between leaving the restaurant and getting to the beach to watch the dying sunset N lot his wallet to a pickpocket which soured the end of a good day.


Sent from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not everything in the sea is nice!

Wolverine creek (67.61265N, 152.26408W) from my tent at midnight on the 9th Aug.